Job Description Arconic (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing techniques, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensure customer success and shareholder value.
Building and Construction Systems, a business unit of Arconic, is the leading manufacturer of architectural aluminum products and systems for the commercial construction industry. Kawneer is part of Arconic's global Building and Construction Systems (BCS) business unit, which manufactures and markets architectural systems and products in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
We have an immediate opening for an HR Generalist at our Arconic Kawneer Plant in Springdale, AR. The primary role of the HR Generalist is to drive HR related activities across the Building and Construction Systems (BCS) unit in Springdale, with a desire for continued growth through the HR function. This includes employee relations, recruiting, community involvement, and employee engagement.
Major Activities/Key Challenges
* Involvement in training and development initiatives * Management of HRM system including updating employee records, running HR reports, security administration, and maintaining proper employee files based on Arconic standards. * Facilitate/participate in location committees including community presence, wellness, and employee involvement * Involvement with Community Framework and Arconic Foundation initiatives * HR support for facility of 350+ employees * Driver of plant Global Voices engagement survey structure and communications including the facilitation of department action plans and initiatives * Recruiting process for temporary employee and administrative positions * Employee relations support * Incident Investigation * Combination of strategic and tactical work * Performance improvement plans * Backup to HR Manager
Essential Knowledge and Skills
* Strong background in employment law and policy development * Excellent Microsoft Office and written communication skills * Experience with training and development programs including leadership training * Talent management experience including people reviews, performance management, and succession planning * Exceptional execution and project management skills * Excellent problem solving, interpersonal, and listening skills * Results-oriented, resourcefulness, and forward thinking * Strong organizational skills including multi-tasking and attention to detail * Strong OD and HR Generalist background * Incident investigation experience * Ability to work with all levels of the organization
* Plant employees and Managers * Corporate and other Kawneer facility contacts * Local organizations and business leaders
* Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Management, Organization Development from an accredited institution. * 3+ years Human Resources experience * Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
* Manufacturing environment experience
Associated topics: advisor, business partner, consultant, generalist, hrbp, human resources generalist, officer, operations partner, professional, representative
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.